148 Camp Street, P.O. Box 129
Phil Campbell, AL 35581
Phone: (256) 331-2170 Fax: (256) 331-2171
System: Franklin County
School: Phil Campbell Elementary
Superintendent: Greg Hamilton
500 Coffee Ave
Russellville, AL 35653
Phone: (256) 332-1360 Fax: (256) 332-1360
Principal: Jackie Ergle
148 Camp Street
Phil Campbell, AL 35581
Phone: (256) 331-2170
Fax: (256) 331-2171
Grade Levels: Pre-K - 6th Grade
Total Enrollment: 454
Phil Campbell Elementary continues to work "Hand in Hand" to build on their success by ensuring that their programs are truly child-centered for all students.
Who We Are
- 454 power-packed, ready to learn Pre-K-6th grade students
- 52 power-packed, ready to teach faculty and staff
- 1,000 power-packed, ready to partner community members
- ARI, AMSTI,and AL Arts Initiative Site
- Pre-K Model Site
- Pre-K AMSTI Model Site
What We Do
- Alabama Performance Arts Initiative School
- Counselor's Watch Program - Systematically monitoring at-risk students through tracking and one-on-one mentoring
- Personalized Groups - Placing students in help groups according to personal needs such as Healing Hearts for grief counseling
- Bobcat Bully Blockers - Guiding students to actively block aggressive behavior
- Jr. National Young Leaders - Sending our best student leaders to experience Washington D.C. in action
- Red Ribbon and D.A.R.E. - Educating in the fight against drug abuse
- Pride Assembly - Inviting parents to join us as we recognize all student achievement in partnership with our community Civitan Club
- T.R.A.C.K.S. - Extending education with after-school and summer programs to enrich and tutor
- Space-Be-Ready Camp Participants (Space and Rocket Center, Huntsville, AL)
- School Breakfast Program
- PC Ambassadors
- Show Choir
- Elementary Band
- Little League Programs
What We Believe
- Hand in Hand, Together We Can!
- Strive for Everyday Excellence, One child at a Time.......
- High Expectations = High Success
Phil Campbell Elementary School is located in a small town of about 1,000 residents located in the eastern part of Franklin County in the northwestern corner of Alabama. Russellville, the county seat and largest town in the county, is located approximately twelve miles from Phil Campbell. Highways 5 & 13 run through Phil Campbell, which brings a lot of through traffic into the town each day.
Phil Campbell's boundary touches the Marion County line, making it convenient for children from that area to attend school at Phil Campbell. Many Phil Campbell residents work in Marion County, primarily in the manufacturing industry. Since Phil Campbell is primarily a rural area, there are several family-owned poultry production farms in the community which provide employment and income for local families.
Our community consists of one grocery store, one dollar store, a medical office, a bank, two restaurants, one pharmacy, two service stations, and several small businesses. No major industries or large businesses are located in the area forcing most residents to travel out of the area for employment and shopping. The town has a police department, a fire department and provides ambulance and emergency services. Town government is handled by a mayor and a five member town council. Our community is a small town where the residents know everyone. The community comes together for such activities as seasonal celebrations and the annual Phil Campbell Day celebration, which draws people with the town's name from all over the world.